"We are governed not by armies, but by ideas." –Mona Caird
Connected Communities are the catalyst for a vibrant city. I have spent decades connecting the valuable resources of our city neighborhoods; partnering with community groups, area activists, and businesses.
I will continue to:
- Expand employment for youth and mentorship
- Build alternative citywide recreation and health connections
- Develop programs for a safer and more beautiful environment
Entrepreneurship is capable of bringing together the funds, materials, facilities, and labor to create a product or service. Our city is a wellspring of innovation that can become the spark plug in our city’s economy.
I will work to:
- Foster innovation in all areas of the city; creating different avenues of commerce to combat poverty and unemployment
- Support public-private partnerships for innovators and visionaries to create local job opportunities
- Stimulate youth entrepreneur programming
Creative Capital is the relationship of ingenuity and commerce and provides us the means to exploit the business of our creative communities with arts & culture as the glue. Creative Capital can become the magnet to attract and retain a skilled and innovative workforce.
I will strive to:
- Strengthen connections between the tourism industry and local businesses
- Encourage links among organizations, businesses, and creatives to collectively be engaged in the process of Placemaking
- Create cultural hubs in our city’s neighborhoods